Resources relating to responsible investment
Think Twice: excellent report from Amnesty International, published in March 2019. Asks the question: Can companies do business in Israeli Settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territories while respecting human rights.?
Investing for Peace
A guide for local church activists that calls on UK Churches Churches to implement morally responsible investment policies to ensure that companies that they procure fro and invest in do not profit from or advance occupation.
Produced by Sabeel-Kairos with War on Want, Pax Christi and AMOS Trust. Download here
Holy Land Coordination Group 2019
Series of articles published after the 2019 visit of the Holy Land Coordination group. This is made up of Bishops from across Europe, North America and South Africa, who have made an annual pastoral visit to Israel and Palestine for the past 20 years. Marie Dennis, Co-President of Pax Christi International was also part of this delegation.
Church statements on the Israeli National State Law
- Bishops of England and Wales oppose unjust Israeli law November 2018
- Statement from Bishop of the Evangelical and Lutheran Church 1 August 2018
- Statement from the Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem 19 July 2018
15 July. Take action NOW in to prevent more demolition of Khan al Ahmar village
Download leaflet to share in your local church, J&P group, community. Use this, and information below, to keep informed and take action.
Statement from World Council of Churches, 13 July 2018 “Demolishing the homes and especially the school in Khan al-Ahmar is an inhumane decision violating the human rights of people already living in extremely difficult conditions because of decades of injustice,”
18 April 2018, Pax Christi signs letter in The Guardian: Time to take a stand on Gaza killings
MPs, MEPs, former ministers, trade unionists and other political and cultural figures call on the British government to ensure that UK arms, finance and trade are not used to support unlawful actions by Israel.
We call on the government to condemn publicly Israel’s actions; to support an immediate UN investigation into the killings; and to ensure UK arms, finance and trade are not used to support Israel’s unlawful actions. The British government must fulfil its responsibilities to hold Israel accountable and to bring about the end of Israel’s unlawful siege and the military occupation of Gaza, East Jerusalem and the West Bank. Full letter here
Holy Week and Easter 2018
- Kairos Palestine Easter Alert : reflections from Palestinians that help raise awareness of the deteriorating situation linked to Holy Week and Easter
December 2017 – Send your messages of solidarity to Palestine this Christmas
September 2017 – Resrouces for the World Week for Peace in Palestine & Israel
June 2017 Open letter from National Organisation of Christian Organisations to World Council of Churches.
June 2017: latest newsletter with articles on the Balfour Commemorations, Pax Christi’s latest statement on occupation and solidarity through trade with Zaytoun.
February 2017 There is to be a debate in Parliament on 9 February on Israeli settlements. Settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem are illegal under international law (Article 49, Fourth Geneva Convention).
- With other partners we urge our members to take action with local MPs, urge that they attend and contribute to the debate.
- The High Command A report from Breaking the Silence, January 2017 on the settler influence on IDF conduct in the West Bank.
- January 2017
- Christians must oppose Israeli Settlements, visit, January 2017
- Catholic Bishops call for action after 50 years of occupation in the Holy Land
- Pax Christi Palestine Israel leaflet : working in solidarity with peacemakers in Palestine & Israel . New, August 2014
- Article: Occupation a barrier to justice and peace: in The Universe Pat Gaffney of Pax Christi , 20 September 2014
- Here you can find a full sheet of action ideas for personal or community use from Kairos Britain, of which Pax Christi is a member
- Here regular blogs from a partner in Bethlehem, Toine Van Teeffelen. Very useful insights into life in Bethlehem
- Report on visit , to Israel-Palestine in October 2013.
KAIROS BRITAIN – PAX CHRISTI IS A MEMBER
- British Christians respond to Kairos. Article by Pat Gaffney published in Palestine News, January 2014
- Time for Action: British Response to Kairos Palestine. Read the full document here. Paper copy available from Pax Christi price £5.00 order here
- Kairos Palestine: document produced in 2009 by Christians in Palestine
- Summary leaflet on Kairos Palestine
POPE FRANCIS IN PALESTINE & ISRAEL
- Speech and prayer for meeting with Palestinian and Israeli leaders, Rome, 9 June 2014
- Speech to the Palestinian Authority 25th May 2014. Full details of all meetings/speeches