18-24 September 2016
God has broken down the dividing walls
The UK working group is currently working on resources for the week.
Below resources that are now available on the international website for the week
- Liturgy Resource produced by Palestine Israel Ecumenical
Forum ( PIEF)
- Prayer from Patriarch Emeritus Michel Sabbah
- Prayer written by Jan Sutch Pickard
UK Working Group
Amos Trust / Baptist Union of Great Britain / Church of Scotland / Council of Lutheran Churches / Ecumenical Accompaniment Programme in Palestine & Israel / Embrace the Middle East / Friends of Sabeel UK / Kairos Britain / Methodist Church in Britain/ Pax Christi UK / Quakers in Britain / United Reformed Church-Commitment for Life
Archive for 2015 events and resources
19 September, Newcastle. Poster with details of speakers, workshops, market place and worship and film Open Bethlehem. St Thomas’ Church, Haymarket, Newcastle from 12 noon to 4.00pm. Admission free. Enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Week-long, Birmingham St. Mary’s Church, St Mary’s Row, Moseley, Birmingham. A display on the theme of Walls and Separation Barriers. The church is open to the public on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 10am -12 noon.
20 September, Brighton, 2.30pm. A screening of the film: ‘The Stones Cry Out’ Brighton Quaker Meeting House, Ship Street, Brighton, Contact: Patricia 01273 474884
22 September, Crosby, Bridges not Walls’….. Vigil for Peace in Palestine and Israel, 6.30 – 8.30 pm SS Peter and Pauls Church, Liverpool Road, Crosby, Liverpool L23 5TE’. The vigil will include prayers, readings and reflections, personal testimony from Israel and Palestine and will end with Mass.
22 September, Warrington. Meeting to be held at Stockton Heath Methodist Church, Walton Road, Stockton Heath, Warrington WA4 6NL @ 7.15. The evening will include a short film about Christian Aid’s work in Israel and the Occupied Territories, a speaker and a sharing of ideas about further action. There will also be a stall selling Palestinian produce. All welcome. Contact Ann Eggboro 01925 268166 or email@example.com
23 September, Hanwell. Prayer vigil from 8 .00 – 9.00 pm at Our Lady and St Joseph’s Church, Uxbridge Road, Hanwell W7 3SU. Organised by the Justice & Peace group
24 September, Kings Heath. Special prayer vigil for peace at 7.30 at All Saints Church, Vicarage Road, Kings Heath, B14 7RA
24 September, St Albans. Trinity URC, 1 Beaconsfield Road, St Albans, Herts, AL1 3RD.7.30 – 9.30.
Aspects of Justice in Palestine. A meeting of the PCN (Progressive Christian Network), will discuss issues related to Justice, in the context of the book by Roger Ray. All are welcome. enquiries firstname.lastname@example.org
25 September, Godalming, 4.30-5.30pm WWPPI Vigil Godalming High Street – around ‘Pepperpot’. Quakers, with Churches Together contact: Anna 01483 414 767
26 September, Leeds. God has broken down the dividing walls : Leeds Pax Christi and J&P Leeds are holding a half-day conference for the WWPPI at Oxford Place Centre, Leeds.
26 September, Lichfield. Bridges not Walls event, help build a wall around Bethlehem and lots more. Methodist Church, Tamworth Street, Lichfield. 10. – 12.30 pm. Organised by Lichfield Concern for Palestine.
27 September, St Albans. A service and discussion to mark WWPPI and explore its theme “Bridges not Walls”. Organised by St Albans Unitarians. Meeting at Friends Meeting House, 7 Upper Lattimore Road, St Albans, Herts AL1 3UD from 2 pm – 3.00pm. Enquiries to email@example.com
RESOURCES ON THE WALL
- Up-to-date information here on expansion and impact of the Separation Wall around Beit Jala/Cremisan Valley
- Download WWPPI promotion leaflet
- The Separation Barrier: background, statistics and case-studies produced B’tselem the Israeli Human Rights Organisations
- The Wall Museum : a project of the Arab Educational Institute, partners of Pax Christi International. Designed to communicate real-life Palestinian women’s stories.
- Where the law stands on the wall : An infographic on the illegality of the wall
- The Wall: workshop/role-play resource produced by Pax Christi, exploring the ongoing conflict between Israel and Palestine with a particular focus on the separation wall in the West Bank.
ACTION POSTCARD The postcard template is for personal or group use. Its use could be incorporated into a meeting or a service held during the WWPPI. You can download an Action idea sheet on how to use the postcard. This also gives suggestions of issues you might raise with your elected representative.
FILMS AND VIDEOS
NEW : Film from Christian Aid on its work in Israel and the occupied Palestinian territories . Has support materials too.
- Bethlehem Unwrapped a film by Tom Pursey to record all aspects of the event - from the construction (and subsequent public impact) of the 8m high life size replica WALL that was built in front of St James’s Piccadilly, through to all the live events that spanned our two weeks in December 2014
- All they paint is the wall: images from children of the Dal al Kalima school. An exhibition of these drawings was on display as part of Bethlehem Unwrapped at St James’s Piccadilly.
- Why are Palestinians leaving? A film featuring voices of Palestinian Christians living in /around Bethlehem. Produced by Christ at the Checkpoint Conference 2014
PRAYER REFLECTION RESOURCES
The Jerusalem Prayer: produced by Church Leaders in Jerusalem for use during the week. Jan Sutch Pickard’s Prayer for WWPPI 2015 Worship and other resources produced by WCC for use in Palestine but could be adapted for use elsewhere
- Pax Christi prayer card of Pope Francis at the separation wall, 2014. Copies of the card are available from Pax Christi in sets of 100.