18-24 September 2016
God has broken down the dividing walls
A week of education, prayer and action for peace in Palestine & Israel. Initiated by the World Council of Churches. An opportunity to organise meetings, prayers and actions for peace.
- Postcard promoting the week these can be ordered from Pax Christi £2.00 per 100.
- Prayer written by Jan Sutch Pickard
- Liturgy Resource produced by Palestine Israel Ecumenical Forum ( PIEF)
- Prayer from Patriarch Emeritus Michel Sabbah
POSTCARD CAMPAIGN ACTION FOR THE WEEK
- Review the text of the card and order copies from Pax Christi £2.00 per 100
EVENTS PLANNED FOR 2016
17 September, Dismantling Barriers: Newcastle. Quaker Meeting House, West Avenue, Gosforth NE3 4ES.. 10.30am – 4.30pm, day with speakers, workshops, exhibition. Keynote speaker: Zoubhgi Zoughbi, Director, Wi’am, Palestine Conflict Resolution Centre, Bethlehem. Admission free. More info here
19 – 23 September, You cannot pass today ” Life through the dividing wall. Photograph exhibition and more. Hinde Street Methodist Church,London. www.facebook.com/youcannotpasstoday
20 September, Crowthorne, Berkshire. Parish Church of St John the Baptist, Waterloo Road.. 7.30 – 9.30. Stories from the Holy Land through words, pictures, drama and music. More details available nearer the time on the Crowthorne Parish Church website
20 September, Pimlico,London An evening on Palestine. Speakers include Victoria Britain (Action4Children in Palestine) and Pat Gaffney, Pax Christi. 7.00pm St Peter’s Church, Eaton Square, SW1W 9AL. Organised by local Amnesty International group.
22 September, Sarum College. Israel/Palestine – Where’s the Hope? A meeting organised by Sarum Concern for Israel/Palestine. 7.00 for 7.30pm at Sarum College, 19 The Close, Salisbury SP1 2EE. Speaker: Jeremy Moodey, Chief Executive – Embrace the Middle East. Palestinian goods for sale. Free entry, retiring collection. An event for the World Council of Churches sponsored World Week for Peace in Palestine Israel.
22 September, Roby Mill. The Farmhouse, School Lane, Roby Mill, Skelmersdale, WN8 0QT . Using prayer stations, film, art and worship resources from the land called ‘Holy’ we will reflect prayerfully on this year’s World Week for Peace theme and join people of faith around the world seeking peace and justice for both Israelis and Palestinians. Full details of the event here: 2016_WWPI_Roby_Mill_final
- Interview with Fr Jamal Khader, Dean of Bethlehem University visiting UK July 2016
- The Separation Barrier: background, statistics and case-studies produced B’tselem the Israeli Human Rights Organisations
- The Wall Museum : a project of the Arab Educational Institute, partners of Pax Christi International. Designed to communicate real-life Palestinian women’s stories.
- Where the law stands on the wall : An infographic on the illegality of the wall
- Pope Francis Prayer Card. Copies of the card are available from Pax Christi in sets of 100.
UK Working Group
Amos Trust / Baptist Union of Great Britain / Church of Scotland / Council of Lutheran Churches / Ecumenical Accompaniment Programme in Palestine & Israel / Embrace the Middle East / Friends of Sabeel UK / Kairos Britain / Methodist Church in Britain/ Pax Christi UK / Quakers in Britain / United Reformed Church-Commitment for Life