Keep up-to-date with Pax Christi and other peace-related events. If you are organising a Pax Christi event in your own area send us details and we will post them here.
Bishop Kevin Dowling was elected to the Pax Christi International board in 2004 and became Co-President in 2010, bringing with him a wealth of experience in working for human rights and social justice.
Bishop Kevin will speak on the nonviolent witness of Archbishop Oscar Romero and its message for us today. Bishop Kevin has been present at various Romero commemorations in El Salvador and supports the work of the Romero Trust.
Pat Gaffney has been General Secretary of Pax Christi UK since 1990. She is a member of the international working group that initiated the Catholic Nonviolence Initiative and helped facilitate the Rome Conference. She has spoken at innumerable conferences and been an outstanding contributor to peace work both here in the UK and internationally.
This event has been organised with the support of both Pax Christi and the Archbishop Romero Trust.
A one day event led by Pat Gaffney of Pax Christi introducing the work of the newly formed Catholic
Nonviolence Initiative of which Pax Christi is a founder member. This new initiative helped to shape the 2017 World Peace Day message, Nonviolence, a style of politics for peace.
Booking essential. Contact email@example.com
- Business reports
- Conversations with staff team on six areas of work in groups
- Elections to Executive Committee
Shared lunch / stalls and information sharing
- Meet our new International Secretary General from Brussels Greet Vanaerschot
- Pax Christi Peace Award 2017 with music to help us celebrate!
- Prayer & reflection time
This joint project organised by Fellowship of Reconciliation, The Church of Scotland, Anglican Pacifist Fellowship, Justice & Peace Scotland , the Scottish Episcopal Church and Pax Christi, will look at ways in which Christians and other faith communities are developing nonviolence as a way forward and explore how Christians in Scotland can embrace Gospel nonviolence at personal, church and society levels. It takes inspiration from the Catholic Nonviolence Initiative which is helping to shape thinking within the Catholic Church in cooperation with the Vatican.
- Fr John Dear, a writer, activist and witness on nonviolence who was part of the Rome Conference on nonviolence in 2016
- Lucas Johnson, General Secretary of the International Fellowship of Reconciliation.
- Pat Gaffney of the British Section of Pax Christi, member of the internatonal CNI Executive group, will participate and there will be an opportunity for Pax Christi members to meet during the Conference.