PRAYER AND ACTION FOR PALESTINE THIS ADVENT & CHRISTMAS 2018
Advent is a time to turn toward Bethlehem and behold the occupants for whose sake the saviour was born, those who still live under occupation, denied their freedom, dignity and independence. Advent calls all who espouse justice and peace to allow the people of Bethlehem to rejoice at Christmas by working for the restoration of their dignity, freedom and independence.
From the First Sunday of Advent reflection H.B. Patriarch Michel Sabbah, 2018
MORE PRAYER RESOURCES
- Christmas Alert 2018 from Kairos Palestine: with personal stories of life under occupation.
- Weekly reflections from Kairos Palestine
First Sunday of Advent by HM Michel Sabbah
Second Sunday of Advent by Bishop Atallah Hanna
Third Sunday of Advent by Fr Bashar Fawadleh
Fourth Sunday of Advent by Nora Carmi
Christmas Sunday by Fr Jamal Khadar
- Embrace the Middle East are producing daily Advent Reflections.Sign up here
- Free Christmas Carol booklets with stories from Middle East, from Embrace the Middle East
SEND A MESSAGE TO COMMUNITIES IN PALESTINE: an opportunity for individuals, families or communities to send messages of support to communities.
Download and copy these sheets to share with others. Gather these together and type onto message sheet and emailed to email@example.com We will ensure that they are sent to partners in Palestine.
GIFTS THAT SUPPORT THE PEOPLE OF PALESTINE
- Alternative gifts that support community projects from Embrace the MIddle East
- Plant a tree. Through Zaytoun you can purchase the gift of five trees for £20.00. The recipient will receive a certificate of planting.
You can find a wide range of other olive-related ideas and gifts on their website.