Lots of events, resources, and campaigns to get your teeth into as we begin a new academic term…
- I have a day free for schools workshops on Tuesday 8 October in North West England/North Wales. Please get in touch if you want to take advantage of this opportunity. What we offer in Schools
- I also have a couple of days in the West Midlands on 18 and 20 November. Again, get in touch if you are interested in booking workshops for your school or university. What we offer in Universities
- Franz Jägerstätter – A Pax Christi Study Day, Friday 18 October: Places are still available for our study day exploring the remarkable witness of Franz and the lessons for peacemakers today.
Franz Jagerstatter Study Day Booking Form
- The Arms fair comes back to town next week at the EXCEL centre in London’s docklands. Join us in prayer and protest. DESi Vigil
- Peace Education and the Centenary of World War I, 14 November, London: A Peace Education Network skills share workshop exploring the peace education opportunities and resources connected with the forthcoming anniversaries of the First World War. For more information see Peace Education Network
Contact me to book your free place.
- Teach Peace is a new resource of eight primary school assemblies from the Peace Education Network. It cost £5 and is available later this month. Contact me for more information or keep and eye on the Peace Education Network
- During the Angelus on Sunday Pope Francis said, “Never has the use of violence brought peace in its wake. War begets war, violence begets violence.” He went on to declare Saturday 7 September to be a day of fasting and prayer for peace in Syria, the Middle East, and throughout the world. Do join him (and us) in this
Reflections and Prayers for Peace in Syria
The full text of the homily is available here.
- Sunday 8 September is CAAT Day of Prayer against Arms Trade
- The next issue of Just Peace – our members’ newsletter – is a Peace Education special. It is posted out to members next week so if you are not on our mailing list and want to receive a copy then please let me know. Or you could become a Pax Christi member. Membership Form