Stop Trident march and rally. On 27 February hundreds of people of faith, including Pax Christi members from around the country, London and Glasgow Catholic Workers, Justice and and Peace Scotland, gathered for prayer at Hinde Street Methodist Church before setting off on the Stop Trident march to Trafalgar Square.
- Read more from the Catholic Universe and Independent Catholic News . See more photographs here . Photographs from CND here
- A very good little film of the day with lots of good reasons why we should not renew Trident
- Text of Bishop Stephen’s speech given at the rally on 27 February .
- Background and text to Multifaith Statement on Nuclear Weapons that was read at the rally
Now we must all continue to pray, write letters and speak out against plans to renew and replace Trident. These resources may be of some help to you in writing to your Bishop or faith leader, your MP, and local press.
- Trident, deterrence and nuclear policy. A briefing from Dr Philip Webber, Scientists for Global Responsibility, January 2016
- Don’t Bank on the Bomb: A global report on the finance of nuclear weapons producers. The report identifies 382 banks, insurance companies and pension funds which have made USD 493 billion available to nuclear weapons producers since January 2012. Produced by PAX Netherlands and ICAN. November 2015
- Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales, statement on decommissioning of nuclear weapons. November 2006
- Resource leaflet Catholic Church and Nuclear Weapons. For use at meetings/handing out at events (Revised, January 2015)