An annual event between 21 September and 2 October, with opportunities all year around.
A project of the Catholic Nonviolence Initiative, these days of action invite communities, parishes, groups to celebrate nonviolence through liturgy, discussion and action.
Still rolling with the Catholic Nonviolence Initiative and article updating the work of the CNI and recent events, written by Pat Gaffney in the December issue of Peace News
- A framework of resources and suggestions for you to ‘pick and mix’ the events or opportunities that most suit your community.
- Solidarity action ‘Celebrating Nonviolence’ on 2 October: Prayer – Vow and Commitment card
Nonviolence issue of Justpeace September 2020 with lots of ideas
Educational resources for groups / events on nonviolence
See what happened in 2020
Stories that celebrate and illustrate nonviolence
- Moms on the Streets – women acting as shields, Black Lives Matter protests, USA. July 2020
- Women in Colombia create refuge and safe haven from violence. February 2020
- Bishop Kukah of Sokoto Diocese, Nigeria, speaks at funeral of murdered seminarian: We are at war… but ours is the nonviolent way. It is the road less travelled. February 2020
- Maya Brand-Feigenbaum, young Israeli women, facing prison rather than undertake military service. July 2019
- The captain who rescued 42 migrants, The Guardian, July 2019
- Nonviolent Peace Force in South Sudan: the work described by Mary Yelenick, Pax Christi International and Harley Henigson NPF, June 2019
- The Catholic Church revitalising the tools of nonviolence. Article by Pat Gaffney, PeaceNews, October 2018
- The Power of Nonviolence: Article by Pat Gaffney, PeaceNews ,October 2018
- #ThisIsNonviolence Articles and stories from Pax Christi to help us communicate about active nonviolence
- 198 nonviolent strategies and approaches by Gene Sharp
- Nonviolent Peace Force, the work of Unarmed Civilian Intervention
- International Centre on Nonviolent Conflict
- Waging Nonviolence: news and analysis of nonviolence struggles around the globe.
- Transformative nonviolence: stories of grassroots power changing society
- Peace News: for nonviolent revolution
Celebrate Nonviolence !
- Leaflet with ideas of how you might do this.
- Our In Direction of Nonviolence programme describes the workshops and resources that will help us move from a culture addicted to war and violence to a culture where our first choice is peace and nonviolence.
- Our shop carries a range of publications of all kinds on the practice and spirituality of nonviolence.