Global Days of Action on Military Spending, 2022
This year’s Days of Action on Military Spending campaign calls for peace in Ukraine, an end to the spiralling arms race and urges a new strategy based on developing common security.
The campaign launched with the release of the this year’s SIPRI figures on world wide military spending. (The SIPRI Yearbook is known worldwide as an authoritative and independent source for politicians, diplomats, journalists, scholars, students and citizens on armaments, disarmament and international security.)
Key dates in the campaign:
- 13 April – Campaign launch
- 21 April: Launch of the report ‘Common Security 2022’
- 25 April – SIPRI figures on Global Military Spending
- 9 May: Europe’s Day of Peace – Actions against the militarization of the European Union.
- 10-12 May: Actions against AUKUS and the militarization of the Indo-Asia-Pacific Region
Pax Christi Vision Statement
The peace we seek cannot come from weaponry, but from a commitment to justice and nonviolent actions which recognise the dignity of every human person and all creation. We reject models of security that rely on fear, the demonisation of others or on the strength of arms – conventional and nuclear. (Pax Christi Vision Statement 1995)
New report from Pax Christi IKV Netherlands on worldwide investment in cluster munitions December 2013. Documents
- Financial institutions that are investing in cluster munitions producers
- Financial institutions that have disinvested from cluster munition producers and established clear policies to prevent future investment in them
- Other financial institutions that have taken positive steps towards fully disinvesting from cluster munition producers
- Governments that have passed legislation banning investments in cluster munition producers