Find resources here for themes such as Advent & Christmas, Lent & Easter, Hiroshima & Nagasaki commemorations, summer activities, Remembrance time and the Pax Christi Icon of Peace.
Resources are available for you to download freely. We are glad to provide this gathering place for the materials. If you would like to make a donation to support us in our work, click here
Advent & Christmas
Take a look at our Advent to Peace Sunday blog. Pax Christi members reflect in their own words and suggest quotes and images that have inspired them.
The prayers and readings from this year’s Advent Peace Service are available to download as a PowerPoint.
Here are ideas to Remember Palestine at Christmas
Check our online shop for Christmas cards and goods that modestly support Pax Christi’s work for peace.
ALTERnativity resource by Action of Churches Together in Scotland (ACTS), the Church of Scotland World Mission Council and the Church of Scotland Guild
Online Prayer and Reflection During the restrictions, we are meeting together online for times of prayer and reflection. Here are some of the slides we used to inspire our discussion, action and prayer:
Vigil with Extinction Rebellion Faith
Drawing NonvioLent to a close, looking ahead to Easter
Reflecting on challenging military spending
Prayer and reflection in advance of VE Day
Reflection and discussion on proposed annexation of Occupied Palestinian Territory.
Ideas for Hiroshima and Nagasaki Commemorations 6 & 9 August
- Zoom Pax Christi liturgy presentations: Thursday 6th August, Friday 7th, Saturday 8th, Sunday 9th
- The Light and the Terror. A poem by Pax Christi member, Kate Holmstrom
- 2019: Briefing from ICAN on the Catholic Church and the Ban Treaty, includes recent quotes from Pope Francis
- Statement from Pax Christi’s National President Archbishop Malcolm McMahon on the Treaty for the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons
- Message for our partners in Japan on the 75th anniversary of the bombings of Hiroshima & Nagasaki
- Service resources for Hiroshima or Nagasaki prepared by the Network of Christian Peace Organisations
- Poem by Pax Christi member, Kate Holstrom
- Images for placard ideas or sharing electronically: black background, lighter background, blue background, white background for easier printing
- Quote and image of Pope Francis ‘The use of atomic energy for purposes of war is immoral’.
- A poster that could be printed off and put in the window
- Readings from survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- Excellent range of statements from Churches produced by CCND
- Chaplain who blessed the bombers repents
- For ideas: Prayer Service used at AWE Burghfield, June 2016
Pax Christi Icon of Peace
Supporting materials – Reconciliation: the Heart of Peace – Study- guide based on the Pax Christi ICON of Peace. Contents include: full colour Icon poster and prayer card, information on the Icon and the people pictured, activities for children,bible drama on reconciliation,ready-to-use peace service and 5 meditation outlines,reconciliation stories for group discussion,quotes and questions about forgiveness and reconciliation. £6.00 Also available as prayer card. Size 9 cm x 15 cm in sets of 50. Contact us to discuss orders: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Approaches to Remembrance and First World War commemorations: ideas to help you plan, from Pax Christi
- Two Poems on Remembrance- from Fr Rob Esdaile
- Record of Catholic COs, taken from data-base created by Cyril Pearce
- Homily Reflection from Fr Andy Graydon August 2014 anniversary of start of First World War
- How do we respond? From Mission Committee of the URC. Especially helpful reflection from David Tatem
- Reimagining Remembrance : booklet written by Kate Guthrie,produced by Ekklesia
- Wounded Innocence , talk given by Fr Rob Esdaile at Pax Christi seminar on Remembrance and Commemoration, July 2014
- Opposing World War One – an information briefing about conscientious objection and peace activism in the First World War. Produced by First World War Peace Forum
Lent & Easter Resources
- Ash Wednesday Liturgy 2018 and 2019
- Follow me: Way of the Cross with reflections from Blessed Franz Jagerstatter. Booklet. £2.00
- The Way of the Cross: reflections drawn from the experiences of FWW Conscientious Objectors. Booklet. £3.00
- Reading from our Online Shop
- Choosing Peace: The Catholic Church Returns to Gospel Nonviolence – by Marie Dennis
- Jesus Christ peace maker: A new theology of peace that renders the just war theory near mute
- The things that make for Peace: Exploring what it means to respond to the biblical call to ‘seek peace and pursue it’
- Radical Prayers: A collection of prayers which challenge, inspire and encourage the journey for peace, justice and a nonviolent world
.……….. Archive of older materials which still might spark ideas…………………….
- Lenten and Easter resources from our shop 2019
- Peace Trails through London offers City and Central London peace trails
- Cambridge Peace Trail takes the walker to 19 sites, connected with peace and social justice
- Sow Peace greeting card : Greeting card inspired by Pope Francis encylical ‘Laudato Si’
- Our world and you is a summary of the ‘Justice in the World’ document from the International Bishops’ Synod
- Making peace in the post Christian Era is a thought-provoking series of reflections on Thomas Merton’s challenge to the ‘war on terror’
- Mohandas Gandhi & lifelong peacemaking from Pax Christi USA
- Previous ADVENT & CHRISTMAS Resources for downloading
- Simple A4 posters with a peace & justice message for use in your home/parish on notice boards or in windows