The Catholic Nonviolence Initiative is a project of Pax Christi International that began in 2016.
- Appeal to the Catholic Church to Re-Commit to the Centrality of Gospel Nonviolence. 2016
- Statement from gathering / workshops in 2019 held in Rome at the Dicastery for the Promotion of Integral Human Development
- COVID 19 related work, contributing a range of essays to the Vatican Covid Commission
- Appeal to Pope Francis created in July 2020 CNI to offer gratitude for his leadership during this time of the COVID crisis and our support for the teachings of Laudato Si’ and the role that nonviolence can play in fulfilling its vision.
- View here a short video on Choosing Peace: book on the Catholic Nonviolence Initiative
Study – reading guide produced by Pax Christi England and Wales
- Pope Francis carries on the nonviolence legacy of Martin Luther King Jnr by Luke Hanson sj, America, April 2018
- Promoting nonviolence: Vatican Radio Interview with Marie Dennis, Pax Christi Co-President and Judy Coode, CNI coordinator March 2018
- The Year of Nonviolence or Nonexistence – reflection from Fr John Dear, January 2018
- Rome conference on Nonviolence and JustPeace: Pax Christi reports on this gathering, September 2016
- Message to Rome conference from Pope Francis, 11 April 2016
- Interview with Vatican Radio, Marie Dennis, Co-President of Pax Christi, 12 April 2016
- Peacemaking is a transformation of the imagination. National Catholic Reporter: 9 May 2016
- Rediscovering nonviolence in the Vatican. Transformation website: 2 May 2016
- What happens when you replace Just War with Just Peace? Article by Maria Stephan, May 2016