The Catholic Nonviolence Initiative is a project of Pax Christi International that began in 2016.
- Pax Christi International and its Catholic Nonviolence Initiative has been honoured to participate in the Vatican’s Covid-19 commission. Pax Christi International/CNI has contributed several essays on the theme of structural violences that have been exposed by Covid-19.
Advancing Nonviolence and Just Peace: in the Church and in the World. October 2020
- Buy the E-book here for 16 Euros
- Buy the book, £20.50 plus p&p
- Short video introducing the book.
- Here is a section from the introduction setting out Catholic thought on nonviolence
Choosing Peace: the Catholic Church returns to Gospel Nonviolence. 2018
- View here a short video on Choosing Peace: book on the Catholic Nonviolence Initiative
- Study – reading guide produced by Pax Christi England and Wales
- Still rolling with the Catholic Nonviolence Initiative article Pat Gaffney, Peace News, December 2020
- Working in the Catholic Church to revitalise the tools of nonviolence. Article by Pat Gaffney, Peace News. October 2018
- Pope Francis carries on the nonviolence legacy of Martin Luther King Jnr by Luke Hanson sj, America, April 2018
- Promoting nonviolence: Vatican Radio Interview with Marie Dennis, Pax Christi Co-President and Judy Coode, CNI coordinator March 2018
- The Year of Nonviolence or Nonexistence – reflection from Fr John Dear, January 2018
- Rome conference on Nonviolence and JustPeace: Pax Christi reports on this gathering, September 2016
- Message to Rome conference from Pope Francis, 11 April 2016
- Interview with Vatican Radio, Marie Dennis, Co-President of Pax Christi, 12 April 2016
- Rediscovering nonviolence in the Vatican. Transformation website: 2 May 2016
- What happens when you replace Just War with Just Peace? Article by Maria Stephan, May 2016