The people of Syria are suffering. Countless thousands have been killed. Millions more have been forced to flee their homes. Across the world, Catholics and Christians from other traditions will hold vigils on 31 October as part of a global day of prayer for peace called by Pope Francis while he is visiting the Lutheran church in Sweden. London: join Pax Christi, CAFOD and the Council of Lutheran Churches in the UK for simultaneous prayer vigils for peace in Syria at the Foreign Office (junction of Whitehall and King Charles Street) or the Russian Embassy (6-7 Kensington Palace Gardens) between 4pm – 5pm. Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us you’re coming. What we can all do
- Listen to / share this video message from Pope Francis.
- Use this prayer sheet and arrange times of prayer in your parish, school or community on Monday 31 October. Ensure that prayers for Syria are included in Sunday Mass.
- Hold an ecumenical/interfaith vigil for peace on the evening of 31 October in your town or village centre.
- Use #peacepossible4Syria in social media
- FAQ sheet on why the vigil is happening
- Simple sign that can be copied & enlarged “Pray for peace for Syria…there is no military solution for Syria “
- Statement from Pax Christi International , 24 October UN day for Syria
- Range of resources from Caritas International
- Siege Watch – a project of PAX Netherlands
- Letter from members of the International Syria Support Group (including PAX Netherlands) : save the ceasefire in Syria, September 2016