EU Heads of State challenge demolition . 10 September
Download up-dated leaflet to share in your local church, J&P group, community. Use this, and information below, to keep informed and take action. (6 September 2018)
Our friends the Comboni Sisters who work with the community sent this message today: Thank you very much for your closeness and prayer. We are also overwhelmed with sadness and concern for the future of the Jahalin. it seems a barren road! I feel so powerless. Now we expect anything at any time… and the bedouins are exhausted after months of uncertainty and pressure. We try to keep hope alive, but it is not easy. The Jahalin are our masters in patience and resilience. They are amazing! We remain united in prayer and commitment (6 September)
EYEWITNESS NEWS FROM EAPPI 6 August
Bishop Declan Lang meets with Alistair Burt “We therefore stand in solidarity with the residents of Khan al-Ahmar and call on our government to use every diplomatic means at its disposal to prevent the Israeli authorities from destroying their homes.”
Statement from World Council of Churches, 13 July 2018 “Demolishing the homes and especially the school in Khan al-Ahmar is an inhumane decision violating the human rights of people already living in extremely difficult conditions because of decades of injustice,”
Background articles and websites
- More demolitions in Jabal al-Baba, AEI, 26 July 2018
- Background, films and more on the Khan al Ahmar school and Bedouin community from the Jahalin Solidarity project
- Background on demolitions of past 12 months from the UN Office of Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- The countdown begins: article from Jeff Halper. co-founder of ICAHD, 5 July 2018
- Israeli court delays decision on Khan al Ahmar to 15 August, 13 July 2018
- Reflection from Rabbis for Human Rights, June 2018
Advocacy and action
- Early Day Motion 1169 ( begun in 2017) Has YOUR MP signed?
- Urgent Action from Palestine Solidarity Campaign: write to Foreign Secretary before 1 August!