We want to share a range of articles/comment on the events that took place in Paris last Friday. As a movement committed to peace, nonviolence and reconciliation we must take a longer view of what has happened and question those actions that may escalate violence and hatred.
- There is no military solution to violent extremism: useful statement and petition , 20 November 2015
- The West vs ISIS : a new stage. an article from Paul Rogers, Professor of Peace Studies at the University of Bradford
21 November 2015
- The Lord weeps for a world at war: Pope Francis 19 November 2015
- After the Paris attacks we must resist the urge to claim an eye for an eye: Canon Giles Fraser. 20 November 2015
- The Paris atrocity, and after an article from Paul Rogers, Professor of Peace Studies at the University of Bradford.
14 November 2015
- The massacres in France: a European blowback? by Dr Harry Hagopian, an international lawyer, ecumenist and EU political consultant. He also acts as a Middle East and inter-faith advisor to the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England & Wales and as Middle East consultant to ACEP (Christians in Politics) in Paris.
- Terror will not prevail : Pax Christi International on the terrorists attacks in Beirut and Paris
- All energy should go to political negotiations for a solution in Syria – statement from Pax Christi International on the renewed peace talks in Syria