Take a look at our plans for Hiroshima and Nagasaki Day, on our events page!
Parish resources- Hiroshima/ Nagasaki 2021
Petition from the Ursuline Sisters calling on the UK Government to sign the UN Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons
Ideas for Hiroshima and Nagasaki Commemorations 6 & 9 August 2020
- The Light and the Terror. A poem by Pax Christi member, Kate Holmstrom
- 2019: Briefing from ICAN on the Catholic Church and the Ban Treaty, includes recent quotes from Pope Francis
- Statement from Pax Christi’s National President Archbishop Malcolm McMahon on the Treaty for the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons
- Message for our partners in Japan on the 75th anniversary of the bombings of Hiroshima & Nagasaki
- Poem by Pax Christi member, Kate Holstrom
- Quote and image of Pope Francis ‘The use of atomic energy for purposes of war is immoral’.
- A poster that could be printed off and put in the window
- Readings from survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- Excellent range of statements from Churches produced by CCND
- Chaplain who blessed the bombers repents
- For ideas: Prayer Service used at AWE Burghfield, June 2016
- Can you start a dialogue with your bank/pension provider about their financing of nuclear weapons?
- Can you use the ICAN Cities Appeal to talk to your Council about endorsing the Treaty for the prohibition of Nuclear weapons?
- Put up a poster, share prayers, poems, readings. Choose from the resources we have gathered together.