We have a commitment to spreading an understanding of Gospel nonviolence. On these pages we offer a range of resources, stories and tools that illustrate what we mean by nonviolence.
Celebrate Nonviolence !
Leaflet with ideas of how you might do this.
- Our In Direction of Nonviolence programme describes the workshops and resources that will help us move from a culture addicted to war and violence to a culture where our first choice is peace and nonviolence. The Catholic Nonviolence Initiative is a project of Pax Christi engaging the church in renewing its commitment to Gospel nonviolence
- Educational resources on nonviolence
- Our shop carries a range of publications of all kinds on the practice and spirituality of nonviolence.
Articles and press stories that celebrate nonviolence
- Maya Brand-Feigenbaum, young Israeli women, facing prison rather than undertake military service. July 2019
- Article by Pietro Ameglio, Rapinoe and Rackete: Two captains of civil disobedience of inhuman orders co-founder of Serpaz Mexico, and member of Catholic Nonviolence Initiative July 2019
- The captain who rescued 42 migrants, The Guardian, July 2019
- Nonviolent Peace Force in South Sudan: the work described by Mary Yelenick, Pax Christi International and Harley Henigson NPF, June 2019
- The Catholic Church revitalising the tools of nonviolence. Article by Pat Gaffney, PeaceNews, October 2018
- The Power of Nonviolence: Article by Pat Gaffney, PeaceNews ,October 2018
- Pax Christi International Position and Advocacy paper on nonviolence, May 2018
- #ThisIsNonviolence Articles and stories to help us communicate about active nonviolence
Websites celebrating active nonviolence
- 198 nonviolent strategies and approaches by Gene Sharp
- Nonviolent Peace Force, the work of Unarmed Civilian Intervention
- International Centre on Nonviolent Conflict
- Waging Nonviolence: news and analysis of nonviolence struggles around the globe.
- Transformative nonviolence: stories of grassroots power changing society
- Peace News: for nonviolent revolution